Re: Uploaded boot-floppies 2.1.7 (source all) to erlangen

Le Thu, Feb 11, 1999 at 09:04:54AM +0000, Enrique Zanardi écrivait:
>    * Removed DirHandle.pm from the base system, as dpkg-ftp has been
>      removed too.

What is the definition of the base system ? dpkg-ftp is still in base
according to the Packages file here on my local mirror. It would be nice
to inform the maintainer when their packages are overrided (ie
the section/priority has changed) so that we may change it on the
source package too.

I think that the base system provided by the boot floppies should be the
same that can be obtained by unpacking/installing the packages in
section "base".

However you've spotted a bug in perl and perl-base. perl-base provide
the File::* module that does depend on DirHandle.pm which is in perl (and
not in perl-base). And dpkg-ftp use this module, that's why it also needs
DirHandle.pm

This module (DirHandle.pm) should be added to perl-base. I'll file a
bug report.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/