Re: fetchmail: blatantly violates RFC's and corrupts PGP/MIME mails...automatically!

On Thu, Feb 11, 1999 at 12:18:46PM +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 February 1999, at 13 h 3, the keyboard of Branden Robinson
> <branden@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:
>

> > If the fetchmail maintainers are not willing to handle this important piece
> > of software responsibility, it may become necessary for the free software
> > community to fork a new version that upholds fetchmail's heretofore good
>
> Time to make my own advertisment :-) I hate fetchmail because it is based on popclient, which was a good program to lose mail (it never tested the return code of write() before deleting the message on the POP server) so I wrote gwpop which:

[..]
> - allows you to use SSH (fetchmail cannot),

poll <my mailserver> via localhost protocol pop3 port 1234:
        username knghtbrd is knghtbrd
        password <my passwd> fetchall no mimedecode;
        preconnect "ssh -l knghtbrd -C -f -L 1234:mail.novare.net:110
mail.novare.net sleep 20 </dev/null >/dev/null";

The above is a little strange IMO, but it works.

--
Anticipation is the sweetest form of torture...