Re: Intent to package: webmin (or another Web-based admin tool?)

Previously Stefan Gybas wrote:
> I don't know why many Debian developers don't like Linuxconf when is
> has many of the features that the
> yet-to-write-one-and-only-Debian-admintool proposed in
> Debian-Admintool should have.

Basically because it is:
1) horribly huge and bloated (over 100k lines of code)
2) is way to obtrusive since it needs to take over a lot of the sysvinit
   stuff
3) doesn't integrate well with package-installation

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl