More i18n of the base system : perl scripts

Hi,

I'd like to see more programs translated, and Perl scripts in the
base system currently are not (adduser, update-*, dpkg-divert, ...)

What we do need in order to be able to translate them :
- add POSIX.pm (and other related perl files) to perl-base
- move liblocale-gettext-perl from section interpreters to base
- adjust the priority of liblocale-gettext-perl

I can upload a modified liblocale-gettext-perl package in order to
change the section/priority and I can fill a bug report against
Perl in order to incorporate POSIX.pm into perl-base. POSIX.pm is needed
in order to call setlocale, textdomain and other things like that.

What priority should be set for liblocale-gettext-perl ?

What do you think about it ? If we can agree on this, then i'll probably
modify those script in order to be i18ned and will send patches to the
maintainers.

By the way, I did just see that gettext is on the base system of the boot
floppies but it's not in the base section (i thought that the base2_1.tgz
was only the combination of the base/* packages). However I do think that
it should be in the base section so that sh script can be translated with
the gettext command.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/