lintian warning and /var/www

I just upgraded lintian to revision 1.0 and noticed the following
warning for the package, wn, that I maintain:

  W:  wn:  non-standard-dir-in-var var/www/

wn provides an HTTP server so I have created the directory /var/www to
provide the standard root directory for the server per Debian policy.
But I notice that other packages, big brother for example, that always
create this directory.

Which package should own /var/www?  Should it be part of base or
should each HTTP server package create it own?  If so, this should be
an override in lintian.

--
Jean Pierre