Re: WARNING: Re: debhelper & /usr/bin/passwd

Stephen Zander wrote:
>    Brian> My versions of dpkg claim that --force-overwrite isn't on
>    Brian> be default (otherwise it should have [*] after it):
>
>As does mine: and it lies!  I've been testing package upgrades & dpkg
>itself is very definately using --force-overwite
>
>  $ dpkg -l dpkg
>  ii  dpkg 1.4.1 Package maintenance system for Debian Linux

Version 1.4.0.27 seems OK here. I created two dummy test packages
both containing the same file, and installed them.
I will check the latest version tommorrow.

I suggest that you should file a bug report against dpkg...

Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>