Re: -rpath with libtool and Debian Linux

On Sat, Jan 30, 1999 at 05:49:39PM -0500, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>    Shouldn't there be a way to override rpath? Currently,LD_LIBRARY_PATH does
>    override rpath, right?
>
> No, LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not override rpath.  The rpath is searched
> first, and then the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is searched.  I think you may have
> agreed with that later in your message.

This is another irksome thing about libtool and -rpath. Test programs,
even if they are marked noinst, use -rpath, and when they are run using
the installed version instead of the newly built one. Which is annoying,
since the whole point of test programs is to make sure the library is
working *before* you install it.

So maybe we should have an explicit -no-rpath switch to libtool to fix
this.

-Yosh