Re: Installation Profiles [was: Re: Reality check!]

> [ redundant emacs versions ]
> > Well, I'll suggest that for potato. It will start a nice flame-war on
> > debian-devel "emacs vs. xemacs".
> >
> Hey, that's just what we need at this stage for *slink*! >:-)
>
> Okay, let's be serious again: unfortunately this actually means that
> some of the most obvious installation profiles of slink stay to be
> unnecessarily bloated.  I consider this to be a bad move because the
> initial install is something like Debian's advertisement plate (or
> visiting card) and the installation of three emacs variants gives a
> rather bad impression IMHO.  I mean, who would *really* want to have
> *three* emacs variants installed at once and above all right at the
> first installation stage?

Especially given I have never been able to get emacs19 and emacs20 to
coexist on a debian system: emacs19 works, but it's config script always
fails, and so it is flagged as 1/2 configured. I only use it for reading
GROGGS, so I guess that doesn't matter too much.

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

matthew@debian.org,