Re: Intent to package: Xconfigurator

While at it, why not add monitor detection, like windows can do?

  Date:
       Wed, 27 Jan 1999 01:23:29 -0500
  From:
       Branden Robinson <branden@ecn.purdue.edu>
    To:
       debian-devel@lists.debian.org
    Cc:
       crow@debian.org

On Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 08:22:08PM -0600, Stephen Crowley wrote:
> I know some of you may want to shoot me but Xconfigurator is the
redhat
> Xfree configuration utility, it's a hacked up xf86config that scans
the
> pci bus to auto-detect the vid card, has a monitor database, and has
a nice
> looking slang interface too. It will need a quite a few modifications
> work with debian so I'm wondering if I should just split the tree and
make
> my own version. Any comments?

Uh, I was kind of planning on recruiting some folks to rip that thing
open
and Debianizing it for the potato release.  I already have the latest
Red Hat diffs in my X work directory on various machines, and was going
go through them for potato X.

I'm just still working on kicking slink X out of the nest.

Would you mind doing this work under the umbrella of the X Strike Force?
I'd like to ship the X configurator in xserver-common once it's ready
for
prime time.

==
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!