Re: Getting Slink compatible with Linux-2.2.0

    VR> The 2.9 Debian package already contains the alpha patches
    VR> supplied by Christopher C Chimelis
    VR> <chris@classnet.med.miami.edu> (see bug report #17661).  I am
    VR> not aware of any other patch or problem specific to the alpha
    VR> platform. Can you please elaborate?

  The structure in partition.h that's specific to the alpha does not
match the generic one - the difference that I first noticed (from
memory) was the naming of the last two fields in struct partition.

  One solution is to mark the generic structure definition with
__attribute__((packed)), as this shouldn't make any difference to any
platform other than those that actually need it there. I was going to
test this before suggesting it, but time constraints etc, etc, etc :)

m.