Re: Getting Slink compatible with Linux-2.2.0

On Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 03:03:14PM -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> I'm forced to ask: what for?
>
> a) If you DO NEED a > 128 MB swap file you are in serious trouble.  You
>    should get more ram; the induced cost of extremely slow operation is much
>    higher than that of two lousy DIMMs.

I have about 50 machines with all 4 DIMM slots filled with 128M sticks.
I have *8* 128M swap partitions, and it's not enough since the (*&#$#@#
users run programs that average a 1.2G footprint. For me, it's just a
management issue.

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
              "Paranoia is a heightened state of awareness."