Re: getting kernel 2.2 into slink

Allan M. Wind <wind@freewwweb.com> wrote:
> There should be _no_ (known) problems when shipped in stable (IMHO).
> Your favorite newbie has problems enough configurating ppp... dealing
> with ppp problems on top of that is not going to be well perceived.

Er.. wrong.

We're not waiting for all bugs to get fixed before releasing slink,
just the important ones.

That said, I really wish that slink had been released some time ago, and
that this discussion was about including 2.2 in the soon-to-be-released
potato.

[I think dpkg and X have been the two biggest problems.  X seems to
be under control, but we seem to still be fighting some brittleness
in dpkg.  [brittleness is a term I use for software which has been
modified too much, so that further changes are difficult.]]

--
Raul