Re: Debian booth at LinuxTag '99?

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
>In article <[🔎] 19990119163522.A847@pcamb6.irfmn.mnegri.it>,
>Federico Di Gregorio <fog@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> I am thinking about being there (I'll come from italy). If you
>> find something, Wichert, can you please let me know... I CAN'T
>> read german (hope conference language will be english, at least in
>> part).
>
>The conference language will be German. In particular, all presentations
>will be in German. Sorry. I'm not entirely happy with this, but the bulk
>of the target audience are unsophisticated users who would be
>discouraged by English (even if they wouldn't admit it). It's a
>trade-off; we would probably not be able to attract more people from
>throughout Europe than we would lose from the nearby 100km radius.
>Feedback to the contrary will be given due consideration for LinuxTag
>2000. ;-)
>
>Of course you can talk to the various exhibitors in English, and the
>mentioned Debian BOF/developers meeting could be done in English, too.

I am considering flying over from London to visit the conference, if only to
hang out with other people from outside Germany.  More support for non-German
speakers would ensure that I would be there.

--
I am in London and would like to meet any Linux users here.
I plan to work in London for 3 - 6 months...