Re: Debian booth at LinuxTag '99?

In article <[🔎] 19990119163522.A847@pcamb6.irfmn.mnegri.it>,
Federico Di Gregorio <fog@debian.org> wrote:

> I am thinking about being there (I'll come from italy). If you
> find something, Wichert, can you please let me know... I CAN'T
> read german (hope conference language will be english, at least in
> part).

The conference language will be German. In particular, all presentations
will be in German. Sorry. I'm not entirely happy with this, but the bulk
of the target audience are unsophisticated users who would be
discouraged by English (even if they wouldn't admit it). It's a
trade-off; we would probably not be able to attract more people from
throughout Europe than we would lose from the nearby 100km radius.
Feedback to the contrary will be given due consideration for LinuxTag
2000. ;-)

Of course you can talk to the various exhibitors in English, and the
mentioned Debian BOF/developers meeting could be done in English, too.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de
    carpe librum: books 'n' reviews <URL:http://www.carpe.com/buch/>