Re: getting kernel 2.2 into slink

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, David Welton wrote:

>I think we should include it, as a service to people who don't want to
>download the whole thing, but attach a note saying "As 2.2 was
>released just before we released slink, we are including it, but there
>may be problems, it might eat your computer... we are not responsible
>for anything at all..."

I hate to sound like another "me too"-er, but I like that idea. I'm
running linux 2.2 on my slink box, and haven't had any problems -- but we
certainly don't have the time to test it extensively enough to make it an
official part of the distro (and the Deep Freeze would definitely make it
impossible). I'm sure including the image and source wouldn't violate the
Deep Freeze with a little bit of law-bending :)

-ed