Two questions about packages file and dpkg

Hi,

I'm working on dpkg-ftp but I've got two questions :

- can a "Packages" file have a "Filename" field with multiples
  values ? Yann Dirson told me it may be possible if a package
  was split with dpkg-split (I ask because the current dpkg-ftp
  has a theoritical[1] support of such fields but I wonder if it's
  useful for "an ftp installation method").

- where can I have more information about dpkg -predep-package ?
  There's a bug report (#8660) that suggests the use of this (explaining
  also that it's used in /usr/lib/dpkg/methods/disk/install) but
  I want to know what it is intented to do ? I suppose it's related
  with pre-dependant package that dpkg will need. But i don't
  think that dpkg-ftp should handle that. It's dselect that have to
  select the packages to install and dpkg -iGROEB to install
  them.

Cheers,

[1] Theoritical because there's a bug in it, I think. But it has not
    been discovered yet certainly because there aren't many splitten
    files on ftp server...
--
Hertzog Raphaël ¤ 0C4CABF1 ¤ http://www.mygale.org/~hra/