Re: FWD: RMS and Debian on his Toshiba

Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
> Patrick Ouellette wrote:
> > I have installed the pcmcia services on a Compaq LTE 5100 a while
> > back. To get the modem and Ethernet cards working I had to get the
> > up dated drivers from (at the time) unstable (now frozen).  No, it
> > was not pleasant but it was done.  Was it a task for a novice - no,
> > but pcmcia services on most machines I've used are not for the novice.
> >

> Not anymore it won't, the frozen pcmcia-cs package will not install
> on Hamm without a glibc upgrade. Which is half of my point anyway.

This is completly a non-issue. The libc6 thing is a cosmetic problem, the
new package claims to depend on the libc6 in slink, but in fact it does not
(ie, you can --force-depends the install with the old libc6 and it will
work). Since we have this problem with some 400 packages and it's so minor
for most packages, we had not planned to fix it.

--
see shy jo