Re: 2.0.36 in slink, so isdnutils should go in as well!

In article <cistron.19990106112950.B21288@janux>,
Paul Slootman  <paul@debian.org> wrote:
>I've discovered that 2.0.36 has quietly gone into slink (I say quietly,
>as there was a lot of discussion whether it should go in, and there was
>no announce "OK, it's going in").
>
>Anyway, this means that isdnutils _must_ also be upgraded. I've
>contemplated making an isdnutils3 package that could go next to the
>existing version, but I don't think that direction is where we want
>to go

Well the CVS version of isdn4linux for 2.2 kernels cannot use the same
isdnutils as the latest one packaged for Debian; you need yet another
new one (protocol v5 vs protocol v4). How do you think that can
be solved? I assume that around 2.2.1 the new ISDN kernel code will
be integrated in the kernel eg in 1 or 2 months

Mike.
--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?