Re: 2.0.36 in slink, so isdnutils should go in as well!

On Wed 06 Jan 1999, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> Paul Slootman  <paul@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> >Anyway, this means that isdnutils _must_ also be upgraded. I've
> >contemplated making an isdnutils3 package that could go next to the
> >existing version, but I don't think that direction is where we want
> >to go
>
> Well the CVS version of isdn4linux for 2.2 kernels cannot use the same
> isdnutils as the latest one packaged for Debian; you need yet another
> new one (protocol v5 vs protocol v4). How do you think that can
> be solved? I assume that around 2.2.1 the new ISDN kernel code will
> be integrated in the kernel eg in 1 or 2 months

Try it again (on 2.2 or 2.0) with the isdnutils_3.0-8 that was installed
into potato a couple of hours ago :-)

But seriously, the NET_DV version 5 in 2.2.0 vs. version 4 in 2.0.36
is an anomaly, as the data structure that NET_DV is supposed to be
the version of is identical in both kernels. I now consider 4 and 5
to be equivalent as far as isdnctrl is concerned (and there's nothing
else that checks it).  I hope to resolve the matter in the CVS soon.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands