Re: Bash in xterm under x*3.3.2.3a-6

I guess convention on ksh should be followed. (don't want to start
arguments about bash not ksh, blah)
.profile or .bash_profile or /etc/profile is used at login or 'xterm -ls'.
.bashrs, .kshrc, be used for each child shell or each xterm or shelltool
or commandtool as in the case of SVR4.

my 2 cents.

Thanks.