Re: FreeBSD to use a packaging system close to Debian?

On 03-Nov-1998, Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> > I suggested that they use dpkg itself but they refuse because it's GNU. NIH
> > striked again.
>
> Yeah.  How unreasonable of them to worry so much about licensing issues ;-)

But it's not like they refuse to use gcc because it's GNU.

I guess their idealism depends on their pragmatism.

--
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.     - Benjamin Franklin

Tyson Dowd   <tyson@tyse.net>   http://tyse.net