intent to package: pspp

I intend to package PSPP, which is a clone of SPSS being written by
Ben Pfaff (another Debian developer).  I'm attaching the README.

			- Jim Van Zandt

PSPP is a program for statistical analysis of sampled data. It
interprets commands in the SPSS language and produces tabular output
in ASCII or PostScript format.

PSPP development is ongoing. It already supports a large subset of
SPSS's transformation language. Its statistical procedure support is
currently limited, but growing.

*NOTE* The primary developer, Ben Pfaff <blp@gnu.org>, is tiring of
this project.  It is likely that PSPP progress will become very slow
if no one volunteers to take over its development.

Source code for the latest development release of PSPP is available
at ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/pspp.

Further Information:

BUGS
	A list of all the bugs reported so far.

LANGUAGE
	Latest information on the language accepted by PSPP.

NEWS
	User-visible changes from earlier versions.

Questions and comments regarding PSPP can be sent to Ben Pfaff
<pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu>.

PSPP bug reports should be sent to bug-gnu-pspp@gnu.org.