Re: Package maintainer script policy.

Hi,

 Raul> Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> wrote:
 >> If you're ultra-paranoid, what's the difference between a postinst that is a
 >> binary (ie, libreadlineg2.deb) and a postinst that calls a binary that is
 >> contained in the package (ie, bash.deb)?
 >>
 >> We can't outlaw the second, so I see no reason to bother outlawing the
 >> first.

 Raul> The differences are frequency of use, and need.

	Excuse me?
 Case 1) The postinst is binary, and can't be checked a priori
 Case 2) The postinst is a shell script that calls a binary included
         in the package, which again is not checkable easily.

	Where does frequency of use and need come into the picture?

	manoj
--
 "There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn
 what it is I'll get married again." Clint Eastwood