Re: Package maintainer script policy.

Hi,
>>"Buddha" == Buddha Buck <bmbuck@acsu.buffalo.edu> writes:

 Buddha>     1 ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1,
 Buddha>       dynamically linked, stripped

 Buddha> While the last is surprising, it doesn't seem against policy.  The
 Buddha> policy document I have doesn't insist that the package maintainer
 Buddha> scripts actually -be- scripts.  It does seem odd, however.

 Buddha> Should I report this as a bug?

	Umm, no. Why should this be a bug? If it handles all the ways
 it can be called, and seems to do the right thing, it can be anything
 executable at all. In other words, if it conforms to policy, it
 should be OK.

	manoj
--
 "If you weren't my teacher, I'd think you just deleted all my files."
 an anonymous UCB CS student, to an instructor who had typed "rm -i *"