Re: Star Office again

On Fri, 3 Jul 1998, Raul Miller wrote:

> Dr. Michael Meskes <meskes@online-club.de> wrote:
> > I know. But what about saving Word documents? I hope I can do that with SO.
>
> Do you specifically mean word documents, or do you just mean
> documents which will display reasonably in word?

You can use StarOffice 4.0 to read _and_ write Microsoft Word and Excel
(Office 95 versions and earlier) files.

I use it a lot to take tab-delimited data and convert it to an .xls file.
I found that loading StarOffice still costs less time that having to
explain to each and every "average" user that they can read tab-delimited
files into MS Excel as well.

Maybe you can also read/write MS Access blobs, haven't tried that myself.

I can't read the PowerPoint crap^H^H^H^H documents that people email me as
"internal memo" <shudder> though.

Cheers,

Joost