Re: Should xisp conflict with diald?

   Martin Bialasinski <martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de> wrote:

MB> I am not familiar with diald, but I think it creates a default route on a
MB> dummy device. Now pppd (called by xisp) can't setup a default route just
MB> like it would be the case, if you had installed a default route over a
MB> NIC.

RM> If you wanted to bypass diald, you could set up a default route with
RM> a higher priority (metric of 0).

Hmm, that should work, thanks. The defaultroute used by diald should have
metric 1, then pppd will create a defaultroute with higher metric.

I will ask the submitter to try this out.

RM> But I don't understand enough about the situation to understand why
RM> diald isn't working.

Oh, diald works well, but xisp tries to set the defaultroute using the
"defaultroute" pppd parameter and pppd fails for obvious reasons.

Ciao,
	Martin