Re: A project to provide a nicer GUI for installing debian ?

On 2 Jul 1998, Ben Pfaff wrote:

> But why is a GUI any easier to use than the GUI-like TUI that we have
> right now?  And you'd have a hard time getting that to work with
> monochrome monitors or mouseless machines or machines with weird mouse
> interfaces (i.e., MS InPort Mouse).
... that's what I think. Moreover, did you ever hurt your eyes from
a flickering monitor.  Why should I use vga16 with a 21" monitor and the
fastest graphics card available (OK, I didn't own such fine stuff :-(,
but if I would own it I would be very unhappy about such brain-dead
stuff).

Regards

          Andreas.