Re: A project to provide a nicer GUI for installing debian ?

On Thu, Jul 02, 1998 at 02:31:17PM -0400, Ben Pfaff wrote:

> But why is a GUI any easier to use than the GUI-like TUI that we have
> right now?  And you'd have a hard time getting that to work with

Just to give you a look over the border of the plate.  Some other
distributions (i.e. DLD and PTS) start their installation on the console
and can switch to X11 (I'm not sure if this is an option for RH, too).
The funny thing about this is that the installation then continues
in an XTerm with the same app as on the console.  Oh, yes, and then
comes the mighty java based package manager.

Regards,

	Joey

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.