Re: /usr/bin -> /bin changes

On Thu, Jul 02, 1998 at 11:15:37AM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 02, 1998 at 10:01:19AM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> >
> > Who's talking about packages? It's the locally installed software that needs
> > these symlinks.  So please put them back.
>
> Surely they can be put back locally too, then?
> That seems appropriate to me.

Yes but we're talking about the average user who probably hasn't heard of this
change.  They'll sure be pissed off when they find their system broken after
upgrading to hamm.

And when this change was introduced to hamm, it was promised that the symlinks
will come back before the release.

--
Debian GNU/Linux 2.0beta is out! ( http://www.debian.org/ )