Re: UMSDOS [was: GNUnification]

   From: Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@m-tech.ab.ca>
   Date: 01 Jul 1998 11:25:27 -0600

   I envision a single filesystem server for FAT filesystems,
   `/hurd/fatfs', which will support several `--compat=' options:

      dos        no filesystem extensions, not even long names
      vfat       Windows95 long file names
      umsdos     compatibility with Linux UMSDOS
      hurd       use full Hurd semantics

   I trust that Thomas will do it well, even if it is a total rewrite.

I tend to think that of this list umsdos and hurd are not worth it;
I'd only be interested in the first two and then if someone else wrote
the others, I suppose I would integrate the patches.

In any case, does anyone have Real Documentation for the filesystem
formats?