Re: so what? Re: Debian development modem

ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk said:
> We must decouple our development tracks much more.  I propose that we
> resolve never again to plan a release with is not fully backward
> compatible with the current stable version.

I like this idea most of the time... but there are times when you just have to
make a clean break. Going between libc versions was one of those times, as was
going from a.out to elf. Otherwise, what are major number changes for?

Are you unhappy with the result (hamm)? I'm not...

-Jim