Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before freezing Hamm

miquels@news.cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg) writes:

> Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl> wrote:
> >It is my opinion that one shouldn't have to bother if it concerns
> >packages that have _only_ been released in "unstable".
>
> Which we aren't discussing. Sorry I wasn't paying attention.

But you're on the right track.

We do not guarantee that you can mix and match packages from different
stable versions and expect a working system.  Usually you can, but in
cases where a major library changes you can't.  We only guarantee that
packages from the SAME stable version will work together.

So, libc6 does not need the conflicts.

Guy