Re: i

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> I don´t want to imply that this makes sense, I actually find it quite
> stupid, so we mustn´t follow upstream authors who choose "B" as a
> name.

Are you saying that you want to preserve the name B for use by an author
who has a good reason for using it?  Or, are you saying that B is such
a bad name that you don't think *any* author should use it?  I think
you're saying the latter -- but I don't think it's a part of the debian
charter to pass esthetic judgements on the naming conventions choosen
by other groups (except where this causes conflicts).

It *does* make sense to pass esthetic judgements on the naming conventions
choosen by people writing debian-specific software.  [Including absurd
packages which don't do anything but provide tens of thousands of
executables.]

Here's an excerpt I wrote from bug report #18062.  Christian had raised
an objection to the name B, and I was responding to him:

--
Raul