Re: lintian -- detecting hundrets of bugs within seconds...

Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:

> Note, that my current lintian version only contains bash and perl scripts
> (since I have done all the coding so far) so the upcoming lintian package
> will be "architecure: all" and have no depends at all (remember, that
> perl-base is essential).

This is usually my explanation to why I code in perl, even though it is slower
(and sometimes _MUCH_ slower that compiled code). It can run on any machine
more or less out of the box...

> I'm currently working on a first alpha release of lintian which will
> contain the first 5 check scripts. Hopefully, I'll manage to release it
> this weekend or early next week. I suggest to postpone all lintian
> design/language discussion until then. (I don't expect valuable comments
> about the design from people who haven't seen the code yet ;-)

I don't really understand why people object to your choice of language, you
are the author, your call... I wouldn't like if someone started to object to
my choices... :)

 Turbo  ___________     Debian GNU/Linux    Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^  ___  /___(_)__________  _____  __   selective about who its friends are
  _ /// _  /___  / _  / / / /_/ /__>  <    Turbo Fredriksson Tel: +46-704-697645
  \\\/  /_____/_/  /_/ /_/\__,_/ /_/|_|    S-415 10 Göteborg    turbo@tripnet.se
                  PGP#788CD1A9             SWEDEN         www5.tripnet.se/~turbo
------------ PGP:  B7 92 93 0E 06 94 D6 22  98 1F 0B 5B FE 33 A1 0B ------------
--
colonel Honduras Treasury assassination kibo Peking FSF Soviet NORAD
NSA Noriega explosion $400 million in gold bullion