Re: List spam from Flying High...

On 7 Feb 1998, Ulf Fredriksson wrote:

> Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> writes:
>
> > On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> >
> > > I'm still getting 16K mailings from FlyingHigh@sky.com that says it has
> > > been resent from debian-devel. While my delete key works fine, there are
> > > others who must pay for this trash.
> > > Is this being handled?
> >
> > This guy now has two entries in our ban list, he used a different source
> > address yesterday so yesterdays ban did nothing..
>
> What software is used to filter out spam etc, and could someone send me some
> config's for that please?

SSH to master and look in ~bruce/smtp-refuser and /etc/hosts.allow. Newer
versions of tcpd will be able to do RBL checks and twist to smtp-refuser
accordingly.

The specific setup on master/va uses Djb's (:<) tcpserver with a RBL
patch + script to handle the redirection. Look in
/usr/local/bin/smtplogger.sh and /etc/tcpserver/badmail. A similar setup
could be used with any mailer but tcpserver is non-free (like qmail).

Jason