Re: a sort of free software greenhouse

On Sun 01 Feb 1998, Craig Sanders wrote:
> On 1 Feb 1998 bruce@va.debian.org wrote:
>
> > I would like to offer this in general to software projects that agree
> > to develop and use only software that passes the DFSG. Call it the
> > Free Software Greenhouse.
>
> Sounds like a great idea, and a great name too.

Of course, the abbreviation of Debian Free Software Greenhouse will be
"DFSG", which might lead to some confusion on occasion?

Besides that, "me too".

> PS: it seems to me that the free software movement is nearing critical
> mass...developments over the last few months look like validating my
> personal belief that the days of proprietary software(*) and especially
> proprietary operating systems are numbered. i'd say certainly less than
> 10 years, and probably less than 5.

Yes, and I like the looks of things as they currently stand.
Maybe there's hope yet.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl