Re: cron jobs more often than daily

Joey Hess wrote:
> > Correct? Someone
> > else suggested putting the actual files in /etc/cron.something,
> > with links only in /etc/cron.d (and presumably, by extension,
> > /etc/cron.{daily,weekly,monthly}).

Hang on, I just re-read this, and realize one thing this does give us,
besides more complexity: have you ever wanted to change a cron job from
weekly to daily, etc? With the current setup, you must copy the conffile to
the different directory, and delete it, which means future fixes to that
conffile don't get propigated onto your system. If all the cron scripts
were put in a common directory, paralleling /etc/init.d/, then you could
just change symlinks, and this problem goes away. Neat!

--
see shy jo