Re: cron jobs more often than daily

On Tue, Jan 13, 1998 at 02:16:03AM -0600, Steve Greenland wrote:
> On 12-Jan-1998 17:52:57, Steve Greenland <stevegr@master.debian.org> wrote:
> > I'm currently (well, not right this minute) testing the patch for
> > 1). I expect to get something posted tommorrow or wednesday, but my
> > expectations are not always met...
>
> ...and sometimes they are. cron-3.0pl1-42 is in Incoming on master. It
> works for me. Files go in cron.d.
>
> I haven't adjusted the documentation yet...

Are the /etc/cron.d files in standard crontab format, ie one
line per job?

Given that these files need to be conffiles (as mentioned in Christian's
proposed amendments) this means that the job needs to test that the
package hasn't been removed (but not purged), ie that the executables
it needs still exists. This could be difficult to fit on one line,
which means then that a script would have to be provided in a different
location. Something like /usr/bin/packagename-cronjob or similar.
Can anyone see a better alternative?

Hamish (trying to implement this in ipac)