perl5.004 for bo

Greetings from Kansas,

I am quite upset with the fact that no update for perl has
been included in the "stable" release, currently named bo, I think.

A security bug in suid-perl has been known to exist in 5.003, as you
have noticed on your security page.  However, the IRC people
told me that 5.004 only existed in hamm.  This is *NOT* acceptable.
I am not able to move to a glibc base at this time, and I use
Linux in a commercial environment.  I need STABLE, and I need
secure.  (As well as some features of 5.004 to compile MySQL)
A production machine has just been rendered useless due to this.
(No not a breach of security, but lack of functionality)

I wasted 5 hours yesterday trying to get 5.004 installed, but to no
avail.  If Debian is interested in keeping commercial use
of Linux, this kind of issue needs to be fixed ASAP.

In the meantime, I'm switching back to RedHat4.2 as I can't
waste any more time on this.  I have deadlines, after all.
MySQL compiled out of the box on RedHat; As it should.

-
David Morton
System Administrator
Computer Advantage