Re: Financial support

> Pardon me for a nosy question.  Does Debian have any money flowing in
> from users that is used to compensate full-time Debian developers?

Debian does solicit donations to Bruce Peren's "Software in the Public
Interest, Inc." non-profit to help defray costs (like Internic fees,
etc.).

Here's a list of the donations so far:

http://www.buoy.com/debian/misc/donations.pl

Unfortunately, there is no record of outflows there. I imagine that SPI will
have to do an annual report eventually where all that info is public.

SPI is in the business of giving out "grants".  Most notably, they have
committed $1000 to the Gnome project (www.gnome.org).  I'm not sure what
the Miguel and the other Gnomers are going to do with the money, but it
is a nice token of political support.

Personally, I have no problem spending business time to contribute to
Debian - it's a good image/reputation builder.  I do have to keep myself
in check to make sure I don't "overcommit" my time to the project though.

Look for an updated dwww package and a new "kaffe+kore" package this week
from me.

Cheers,

 - Jim