Re: Device files

Martin -
>I'm packaging a kernel driver for the Gravis Ultrasound sound card.
>It requires some special device files to be created (in addition to
>those normally used by the OSS driver) in order for all of its
>features to work.  My question is, how should I create the device
>files?

The same issue came up when I packaged my kernel module for the
DoubleTalk PC.  I suggest using the same method as the dtlk package.
You will need to contact the /dev/MAKEDEV maintainer to get your
device included in the official configuration files.  However, you can
work with previous versions of MAKEDEV by making your own additions to
/etc/conf.modules and /etc/devinfo in the postinst script.

                        - Jim Van Zandt