Re: Linux 2.0.36 in slink?

It is clear that we don't understand each other.  Let's take another
tack and identify what problems we are trying to solve.

  1) Just before release, it takes a long time for package updates to
     make their way into the mirrored archives so that we can test
     them.  This is due to the appropriate caution of the release
     manager(s).
  2) Performing incremental updates to a running system is desirable
     for the sake of testing.  Packages will be upgraded and
     downgraded in order to isolate problems or return a broken system
     to a working state.

In the proposal that I originally read, we introduce a prerelease
distribution with links and packages similar to our current
distributions.  Without other changes, this renaming alone forces us
to install 'prerelease', test it, and then decide if packages from it
can be moved to an 'accepted' tree.

If the 'prerelease' proposal helps us solve the above problems then so
be it.  What I read did not explain how these problems are solved.

Cheers.