[IMPORTANT] xfig terminates w/o warning if there is no space left on device

Hi,

this annoyed me quite a lot the last two days until I discovered
there was no space left on my home partition. I think this
should be filed as important bug report against xfig. What do
you think? This would be my first important bug report - that's
why I ask.

--------

Package: xfig
Version: 1:3.2.2-2
Severity: important

I made a large picture (with some embedded large gifs) with xfig
and tried to export it to gif, jpeg or png. The export procedure
goes through ppms and this took so much space on my home
partition that the export procedure did not finish (-> empty
gif, png, jpeg as result) and it left the temporary files which
were not completed back. Then I tried to change my picture and
save it - no luck as there was no space left on the partition
(result of the exporting which failed) and xfig simply died,
whithout comment on STDERR or anywhere.

Eventually, I tried to strace xfig and discovered something like
'no space left on device' at the end. That's why I found the
temporary files in the end.

I don't think simply dying and giving no comment is not a
paritcular good thing to do for a program - it can cause sever
data loss. That's why I put a 'Severity: important'-flag.

Regards
Philipp