Re: Wanted to be packaged : INN 2.2_STABLE

In article <cistron.19981221102631.A26542@hrnet.fr>,
Raphael Hertzog  <rhertzog@hrnet.fr> wrote:
>yes it's lacking, we only have INN 1.7.2 in our distribution.

I know. I am the maintainer of INN. I also contributed to the development
of inn 2.x.

>And INN 2.x
>is much better than the old one.

It also has a lot of bugs. 2.0 was never stable, 2.1 doesn't work in
all situations. 2.2 is still not out of beta. 2.3 development is going
on but sloooowwww.

The history file format, overview file format and config file format
have changed. In effect it's pretty much another package. And it looks
like this will happen for INN 2.3 AGAIN whenever that comes out.

However, if 2.3 goes as planned (perhaps people will be working on
it during the holidays?) traditional storage will be implemented as
just another SM (storage method), the overview problems (slow!!) will
be solved, and most of the bugs will get worked out.

Only then am I planning to release a 2.x version of INN.

>PS: The latest official INN is 2.1, but the 2.2_STABLE snapshot is
>working quite well.

So cancel messages and supersedes work for you? And innfeed is stable?
No complaining users about the overview slowness ? .....

Mike.
--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?