Re: Debian violates GPL?

> I'm not sure how much difference this makes, but a number of
> packages do include binaries in the upstream source. (In particular,
> cruft has done this in the past by mistake, and
> distributed-net-pproxy doesn't have sources (it's non-free))

Well, you need to tell CVS that they're binary so that it doesn't try
to do something silly like keyword substitution on them, but other
than that...

I'm wondering if it might make sense, if it's possible, to turn off
keyword substitution across the board for all files in the package
except the ones in debian/*.