Re: Debian violates GPL?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Debian violates GPL?
- From: Rob Browning <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 19 Dec 1998 00:47:08 -0600
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: Richard Braakman's message of "Sat, 19 Dec 1998 01:01:50 +0100 (CET)"
- References: <E0zr9qA-0000AK-00@night>
Richard Braakman <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> The primary obstacle to this is that the .orig.tar.gz can change from
> one Debian revision to another, without changing name. Schemes for
> dealing with this quickly grow to Byzantine complexities.
Of course, the really slick solution to this would be to use CVS to
store all the needed older versions. Manoj's scripts can automate
much of this, but it would require more people to be willing to
learn/deal with CVS (unless it was somehow possible to get dinstall to
do the checkins, etc). This would certainly be a more compact and
With this approach, you can get any particular revision with:
cvs checkout -d emacs20 emacs20 -r debian_version_20_3-5
and you can also get the pristine upstream source (suitable for
cvs checkout -d emacs20 emacs20 -r upstream_version_20_3
Rob Browning <email@example.com> PGP=E80E0D04F521A094 532B97F5D64E3930