Re: Linux IP POSTER software!

On Fri, Dec 18, 1998 at 06:59:48AM -0500, Arthur Jovellas wrote:
> Thank you very much for your comments. It is my first attempt at releasing
> anything that I wrote. I agree that for most programers the script is
> probably trivial. It was written out of need. Would you guys release it on
> CD if it was freeware? I really just want to increase traffic here more
> than anything.

Well
Debian is a volunteer organization...
if someone wanted to "Package it" then it would go in our dist...
someone just has to do it (I don't have the time myself).

As for FreeWare... we generally use the term Free Software...
which would mean a licence like the GPL (just anything that meets
out free software guidleins is good tho).

The basic terms is that it can't restrict the use of it. Must be
distributable as source (with a shell script that point is trivial) and
it must be changeable and redistributable. (that is of course a quick
summery)

> Thyanks again for your input.

No problem :)

I always did like online auctions... back when I had money I bought a few
things at onsale.com....

-Steve
"You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people"
                -- Will Rogers