Re: Intent to package netman

On Wed, Dec 16, 1998 at 06:47:51PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > Btw. I feel that the name netman is inaccurate and manpages-net
> > or manpages-kernel would be more appropriate.
>
> manpages-linux would be even better than manpages-linux, since
> we will have soon more than one kernel to choose from (read: GNU/Hurd).
>
> (Yes, some day I will also propose to rename all the kernel-* or *-kernel
> packages to linux-* and *-linux respectively).

I tend to agree.  Currently we have kernel-source-version and/or
kernel-headers-version which are symlinked to linux-version and possibly
linux under /usr/src.  I think it might be better for
linux-source-version and linux-headers-version to either both be used if
you want the kernel source (linux-source depends linux-headers perhaps?)
or they conflict each other, perhaps with source also replacing headers?

Just a thought, perhaps something to consider for potato?

--
"Yours, if you can get it to work."  -- Judge Dredd