Re: Sheepishly, I point out an advantage of 2.0.36 over 2.0.35

On Tue, Dec 15, 1998 at 06:43:58PM -0800, Ben Gertzfield wrote:

>     Oscar> I just discovered that the reason I have been unable to
>     Oscar> install the base system over nfs has been the fact that the
>     Oscar> NFS client 2.0.35 is broken.  %^(
>
>     Oscar> I wouldn't say this is a compelling reason to switch, but
>     Oscar> it is important information to have.
>
> I have several boxes using Adaptec AIC SCSI cards that will barely
> boot with 2.0.35, and others whose SCSI scanners will only work
> with 2.0.36.
>
> Herbert, I beg you, please release 2.0.36 packages for slink; we can
> move potato's isdn-utils into slink as well.
>
> 2.0.35 is a poor excuse for a kernel, and includes security flaws; if
> we knowingly ship a distribution with security flaws, woe betide the
> Public Relations of the linux fans :)

I agree, we should definately ship 2.0.36 with slink, it has better support
for several network cards if I remember correctly.

--
Stephen Crowley 		crow@debian.org, stephenc@wf.net
-* Finger crow@va.debian.org for my public key.	PGP#22714B25  *-