Re: bsign-0.1.7, won't sign ssh and others

On Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 10:07:46AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 01:20:36AM -0800, Oscar Levi wrote:
> > I recognize that this is not really the sort of thing to be carrying
> > on about on d-devel.  I'm announcing it again because Ben Collins
> > couldn't bsign ssh.  I fixed this and made some cosmetic changes.
> >
> > Note that this release is for evaluation only.  I want to know if this
> > is something y'all think would be useful.  I looked over tripwire and
> > found it cumbersome because it requires a snapshot.  bsign works
> > piecemeal and therefore fits nicely with the Debian Way.
>
> I think it's a very good administration tool. Probably impractical on a
> package wide basis tho. Is there any way to get it to sign .deb packages?
> That would be useful...

Debs are already signed?  I don't follow you here.  Do you mean resign
debs with a site-local key?  Hmm.  I can see this might be valuable,
but it isn't in my ken at the moment.  I think that would be something
for the 'dpkg-*' stuff.

Why do you think 'impractical on a package wide basis tho'?